Welcome to Housing Maintenance
On This Page:
- General Information
- Service Requests
- Move-In Room Condition Form
- Pilot Lighting
- Move Out Inspection Information
- UG Term Cleaning Schedule
Housing Maintenance is located in the Center for Student Services (building 86) on Holliston Ave.
Hours of Operation: 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday-Friday (except holidays)
After Hours Maintenance Emergencies: 626-395-4717
***Caltech's first priority is the health and safety of its Housing community. Please see the new Housing processes for work order requests and inspections:
WORK ORDER PROCESS
- Office staff will do initial troubleshooting over email or phone to try and get issue resolved
- Maintenance Staff gets assigned a work order and troubleshoots with residents at doorstop or drops off parts depending on the nature of the call
- Maintenance Staff (wearing masks and gloves) enters unit and fixes the issue if necessary
INSPECTION & REHAB PROCESS
- Maintenance staff will wear masks, gloves, coveralls, and shoe coverings to inspect the unit and perform any necessary fixits
- During inspections and fixits if students are present, we will require that they wear a mask, or stay in a room at least six feet away with the door closed, or wait outside of the unit until the work is completed. If student is present and does not comply with these requirements, charges will apply for the staff member's time and not being able to complete their work.
To submit a service request for your room, apartment, or house, please log into your access.caltech.edu account and click on "AiM Customer Portal" and select "Housing" and select "Student Housing".
Furnished student room and apartments come with a standard set of furniture. If a piece of furniture is missing from your assigned space when you move in be sure to notify Housing Maintenance and note it on the Room Condition Form.
If your room has all the provided furniture Housing Maintenance cannot swap based on personal preference. Student room furniture (including built-ins, bed frames and mattresses) is the responsibility of each resident. If you do not want some or all of the normally provided room furniture you will need to store it yourself and return it when you vacate the room.
If we find furniture sitting outside of a room, apartment or house we will notify the house president, steward, RA or RLC asking that they find the resident to whom the furniture belongs so they can claim it or it will be removed. Removed or unclaimed furniture cannot be reclaimed upon move out, regardless of when that occurs. It will be the responsibility of the resident to return all furnishings to the original set-up. The resident will be responsible for any missing/damaged furniture.
If your furnace pilot has been turned off, you can make an appointment with Housing Maintenance to relight it. Please schedule this service prior to cold weather to avoid lengthier waits for an appointment.
*** Update: For the Health and Safety of our residents and staff, Housing Maintenance is currently not scheduling and/or performing pre-moveout inspections for any of our properties. Please see below for guidelines that should be followed before checking out of Caltech Housing to avoid damage charges:
• Make sure all personal items and trash is removed from the unit/room prior to turning in your keys.
• Make sure all areas in the unit are cleaned. If living in a shared unit, this will include your bedroom and common areas.
• If applicable, return all furniture to its proper location.
• Make sure there are no major damages to the unit/room.
• We encourage our residents to perform a final walk through of their unit/room and take pictures of the condition they are leaving it in prior to checking out and turning in the keys. Please send the pictures to email@example.com.