Requests for accommodations can be submitted between November 1, 2023, and February 1, 2024, and reservations will be assigned based on availability.
Please note: Summer Conference Housing is dependent on the Institute's decision to allow short term guests during Summer 2024, and at any time, the Institute may decide to cancel the housing reservation for any groups.
Please be aware of the following guidelines for housing summer conferences at Caltech:
- Short term summer housing is available for conferences between June 20, 2024, and August 23, 2024, only.
- We do not house non-Caltech sponsored groups. We are currently accepting requests for Summer 2024.
- Housing will not accept applications from each guest. Housing will draw up a Memo of Understanding (MOU), between our office and the sponsoring Caltech department. The MOU will cover everything agreed upon, such as the number of rooms requested, the dates, and the charge amount.
- Requests for accommodations can be submitted between November 1, 2023, and February 1, 2024, and reservations will be assigned based on availability.
- Housing will not be able to charge and collect fees from each guest individually. The sponsoring Caltech department should collect payments from guests and will pay for all Housing fees with a PTA (department account). Housing will process the PTA payment (WIC) on or before the fifth day of the conference.
- Housing is charged per calendar day, not per night. The daily rate for Summer 2024 is $45. The sponsoring Caltech department would be charged for the amount of days per guest (example: 6/24 - 6/28 equals 5 days). The number of days and guests must be confirmed by May 1st. Additional spaces may be allocated for the conference after this date based on availability.
- Any damages to the rooms, or buildings used, will be charged to the PTA provided in the MOU.
- Housing does not have linen or toiletries available for guests. All our guests must bring their own sheets, blankets, pillow, towels, toiletries, etc. The rooms come with basic furnishings (twin XL bed, mattress, desk, and chair. The rooms do have a closet/drawer space, but no hangers.
- North House rooms (Lloyd, Page, Venerable) have lofted beds. Guests may have to climb a ladder to get to the lofted bed. Avery House has bunked bed/desk combination units, and guests may have to climb the side of a bunk bed to get to the top bunk. Housing will not be able to modify the furniture, based on preference. We can accommodate ADA requests, but these requests should be made at least 1 week before the start of the conference.
- Guests will share common hallway/suite bathrooms. There are no private bathrooms.
- The earliest check-in time is at 9am on the first day of the conference. Check out is by 5pm on the last day of the conference, but if guests are busy during the day, we can make arrangements for a later check out. Housing can check in guests by request, but only during normal business hours (M-F, 9am-5pm).
- North/South House rooms are secured via a combination lock. Avery/Bechtel/Marks/Braun rooms are secured via a unique PIN code. The buildings are also secured and require an access card for entry. Housing will provide a temporary access card to each guest. Guests must return the card upon check out; failure to return access cards will result in a $45 charge per lost card to the sponsoring Caltech department.
- Check In packets will be provided to the conference staff for each guest.
- The sponsoring Caltech department will be responsible for their guests and must provide a responsible staff member emergency contact for the duration of the conference.
- Any additional needs for your conference (classrooms, meals, etc.) must be coordinated with the relevant department on campus.
Guest rosters must be accurate. If changes need to be made, Housing must be notified at least one week in advance of the conference.
- Guests must comply with all Institute policies. If there are serious violations, guests will be asked to leave.
- If the program has expectations for their guests that go beyond the resident guide and institute policies, these guidelines should be communicated to the participants and shared with the Housing Office before the start of the conference.
Minors (under the age of 18) can only be housed through a Caltech sponsored program. Additional information can be found through the Center for Teaching, Learning & Outreach.